Kumho Tire Co., Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Kumho Tire Group or Companies”), global tire manufacturing corporate, understand that you are aware of and care about your own privacy, and we take that seriously. Kumho Tire (U.K.) Ltd. (“Kumho Tire”, “We”, “Our” or “Us”), part of the Kumho Tire Group of Companies, is responsible for your personal data as a data controller.
Kumho Tire (U.K.) Ltd.
Suite6. Hilton House, Corporation St, Rugby CV21 2DN, U.K.
Tel: +44 1788 820 200
This privacy notice is intended to provide you with information about what personal data we collect about you and how it is used. If there is anything you are unsure about in this Privacy Notice, feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
DPO’s contact information is as follows;
Address: Kumho Tire Europe GmbH, Bruesseler Platz 1, 63067, Offenbach Am Main, Germany
How we collect your personal data
We generally collect personal data directly from you but may also collect your personal data from third parties such as your employer or business partners when it is relevant to the purposes mentioned in this notice.
We may also collect your personal data from the dealers in order to respond to your claim and/or to resolve any problems with our tires.
What types of personal data do we collect?
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our purposes mentioned in this notice and will not retain it for longer than is necessary. The types of personal data we collect and share depend on the nature of your relationship with us and the requirements of applicable laws.
We collect personal data which may include:
- Contact information – We may collect contact information such as name, company name, e-mail address and phone number to communicate with you in accordance with contract or any service you have requested.
- Requests/Claim data – We may collect your contact information and details of your comments, requests and/or details of your issues with our tire
- Order Information – We may collect you and your company’s order information to process and fulfil your order.
- Financial data – We may collect your financial data such as bank account number or credit card number in order to pay the bill or compensation.
- Registration data – When you participate in our any events, we may collect your personal data. This may include your full name, your e-mail address and other personal data that you provide to us to enable us to organize the event.
- Log information – When you use the online services, our servers automatically collect information that your browser or mobile app sends whenever you use online service. This log data may include your IP address, the date and time of your use, and cookie data.
We do not collect any sensitive data (i.e. personal data revealing racial, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health, data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation or personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences).
The information we ask for is necessary for the purposes described in this notice. It might affect the stated purposes if you don’t provide the personal data we ask for.
How we use your personal data
We may process personal data for the following purposes:
Customers, Vendors, Contractors & Other External Partners
- Business Contact – When you or your company is in business relationship with us, we may process your personal data to communicate with you in accordance with the service or contract.
- Order fulfilment – We use personal data to process and ship your orders, inform you about the status of your orders, correct addresses or contact information, enforce our conditions of sale or contract.
- Responding to your requests – When you contact us with any problem, comments or inquiries (i.e. order status, technical issues, product question/complaints, general question), we will collect and use your personal data to respond to your requests.
- Communicating with you for marketing purposes – Upon your requests, consent or expression of interests, we will send you an email to keep you updated on our products, services, promotions, news and events. You may manage your receipt of the email 1) by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the emails or 2) by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotions – From time to time, Kumho Tire hosts events and promotions. We will process participants’ personal data to organize and run the event. For more information on how we use your personal data relating to the event or promotion, please see the separate privacy notice for each event or promotion.
- Other general business purposes – In accordance with applicable law, we process your personal data for other general business purposes, such as maintaining your account, conducting internal or market research and analysis.
- Authorizing, granting, administering, monitoring and terminating access to or use of company systems, facilities, records, property and infrastructure.
- Problem resolution, internal investigations, auditing, compliance, risk management and security purposes.
Website Visitors / Web Order System Users
- Responding to your requests – When you contact us with any problem, comments or questions, we will collect and use your personal data to respond to your requests.
- Communicating with you for marketing purposes – Upon your requests or expression of interests, we will send you an email to keep you updated on our products, services, promotions, news and events. You may manage your receipt of the email 1) by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the emails or 2) by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
- Order fulfilment – If you have an access to our web order system (KOS), we may process your information to process and ship your orders, inform you about the status of your orders and invoices and enforce our conditions of sale or contract.
- Preventing and investigating security issues and abuse – We collect and process your log information to keep the website secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
We mainly collect your personal data because it is necessary to enter into a contract with you and for the consequent performance of that contract. We also process your personal data for the execution of the agreement between you and us for the provision of products and services you requested. It might affect the stated purposes if you don’t provide the personal data when we ask for.
We also process your personal data to comply with the legal obligation (i.e. accounting) and for our legitimate interests (i.e. web order system, direct marketing, internal research, analysis). We may also process your personal data with your consent when it is necessary.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Kumho Tire does not sell, rent or trade your personal data. We may share your personal data with entities within the Kumho Tire group of companies for the purposes mentioned above. Also, as a member of the Kumho Tire group of companies, we can benefit from the large IT infrastructure and expertise that exists within our business. This means that the personal data you provide to us may be accessed by members of our group of companies for support and administrative purposes.
We may share your data with third party service provider who operates our website and manage marketing activities on our behalf. We have contracts in place with this service provider. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal data with any organization apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
In accordance with contracts or any service you have requested, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process, we may share and disclose your personal data to third parties which may include
- Accounting office
- Business partner (i.e. car dealer)
- Financial institutions
- Travel agencies
- Legal counsel
- Public authorities
How do we transfer your personal data internationally?
As Kumho Tire is a global company headquartered in Korea, your personal data may be transferred to Kumho Tire Co., Inc. located in Korea. Korea has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Commission under Article 45 of the GDPR. We use Model Clauses which is approved by European Commission in order to adduce adequate safeguards with respect to the protection of privacy and fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals for the transfer of the personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Kumho Tire will retain personal data only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the goal mentioned above, unless the law permits or requires that Kumho Tire retains it for longer.
How you can exercise your rights
Subject to applicable law, you may have various rights in respect of the processing of your data, as listed below
- Access: You may ask us to confirm, and provide copies of, the information we hold about you at any time, and request us to modify, update or delete such information.
- Rectification: You also have the right to request that we rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data that we process or control.
- Erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Restrict Processing: You have the right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Data Portability: If you wish, you have the right to transfer your personal data between data controllers. To allow you to do so, we will provide you with your data in a commonly used machine-readable format so that you can transfer the data.
- Object: This right enables you to object to us processing your personal data where we do so for one of the following reasons: (i) our legitimate interests; or (ii) to send you relationship management materials for additional products or services.
- Withdraw Consent: Where we have obtained your consent to process your personal data for certain activities, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you can please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable requests of your rights will be responded at no cost. If we cannot comply with your requests within a reasonable time frame, we will provide you with a date when we will comply with your requests. If for some reason request is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why request has been denied.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during the period for which we hold your data.
Existence of automated decisions
We do not engage in automated decision-making, including profiling
Complaints and queries
We take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
We ask that you first submit any such complaints directly to us via email@example.com. If you aren’t satisfied with our response or have concerns about how we process your personal data, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority in your country.